Bridgewater Iron Manufacturing Company Storehouse
131 High St
Archaeology, Historic, Architecture, Industry, Military
Abandoned or Vacant, Warehouse
Bridgewater Iron Works
Massachusetts Historical Commission Report
This is an extremely interesting survivor from the Lazell, Perkins Iron Works Company's expansion of c. 1845-1865. It is a simple, rectangular 1-1/2 story structure which exhibits uncoursed rubble stone (local field stone) and is enclosed by a broad gable roof. This structure possesses several 20th century additions and its fenestration has been altered. Some windows with original, 6/6 wood sash are in evidence and exhibit gauged brick work lintels with simple wood enframements.
Built c. late 1840's, this storehouse structure was built of local field stone, probably by Irish Lazell, Perkins Iron Works employees. It appears on late 19th and early 20th century maps and atlases labeled "store house" (see Area Form on Lazell, Perkins Ironworks).