75 Keith Pl
Agricultural, Single Family Dwelling House
Massachusetts Historical Commission Report
Built c. 1790, this is a center hall plan Cape, clad with wood shingles and enclosed by a gable roof with a center chimney. Its 5-bay main facade features a handsome center entrance with Doric pilasters and a semi-circular fan light. Windows are fully enframed and contain 6/6 wood sash.
80 Keith Place ranks among the best examples of the late 18th century Cape Cod house in Bridgewater. Built c. 1790, J. E. Crane's map of Bridgewater in 1801 indicates that a Mrs. Samuel Keith lived here. By c. 1830 an S. Keith is shown on this site. During the 1840s Salmon Keith of S. Keith and Co., Sawmill owned this property. The sawmill was located further to the east, (near Bedford St., on a small stream). By the early 1900s, Henry A. Keith, farmer lived here.