Allen - Jones House
106 Auburn St
Georgian, Greek Revival
Single Family Dwelling House
Massachusetts Historical Commission Report
This is a substantial rectangular, center hall plan 2 1/2 story house with a 5 bay main facade and 2-bay end wall gables. Built c. 1750-70 it is, with the exception of its central entrance, extremely plain. The front door's surrounds date to the 1830s or 40s and consist of Greek Revival Doric pilasters and a heavy entablature with a shallow cornice. Clapboards, rather than glass panes, fill the narrow segments between the door and pilasters. In general, windows contain 2/2 wood replacement sash. Large, low brick chimneys appear at either end of the ridge roof.
This house first appears on the 1830 map labeled 0. Allen. By the 1870s Franklin Jones, shoemaker and farmer, lived here. By the early 1900s Mrs. Eunice S. Jones lived here.