Fobes - Webb - Padelford House
1133 Pleasant St
Single Family Dwelling House
Massachusetts Historical Commission Report
This is a solid, well-crafted L-plan Greek Revival house which is covered with clapboards. The main entrance is located on the eastern façade of the western portion of the house. Windows are simply enframed and contain 6/1 wood sash. Doric corner boards with recessed panels accent this house's edges. Abutting the eastern segment is a 1-story ell which may have housed a 19th c. shop (e.g. shoe shop). This house is enclosed by a gable roof.
This house appears to date to c. 1845--the 1830 map indicates a house on this site labeled "A+A Fobes". In 1852, an A. Fobes lived here. Fobeses have lived in the Scotland section of Bridgewater since the late 17th c. (see 615, 617 Pleasant St.). By the 1870s George M. Webb, farmer, lived here. During the early 20th c. this house was known as Sunnyside Farm and was owned by a J.S. Padelford.