Keith - Wilbur House
721 Pleasant St
Single Family Dwelling House
Massachusetts Historical Commission Report
This is a solid, L-plan Greek Revival 1 1/2 story cottage with a sidehall plan main block anda front entrance with classicized entrance enframements.
This house is situated just to the east of the brook which marks the eastern boundary of the village of Scotland. A house appears on this site on the 1830 map labeled B. Keith, Jr. Further research might reveal an 18th c. component— the house's present appearance is that of a c. 1840, L-plan farmhouse. It may have been built by Florentius E. Wilbur—he is first listed as this property's owner on the 1852 map. By the early 1900s an H. A. Barker, farmer, owned this house and the Queen Anne/Italianate house across the street at #722. Pleasant St. was laid out as early as 1702.