Jenkins, H. Loring House
21 Park Terr
Colonial Revival, Spanish Eclectic
Single Family Dwelling House
Paper Mill Village, Prattown
Massachusetts Historical Commission Report
This is a stylish, well-crafted stucco-covered Colonial Revival/Mediterranean house with a Tuscan columned entrance porch and red tile hip roof. Architecturally, it is significant as the only home of this type in Bridgewater.
Built c. 1915-1920, this house has significant historical associations with Bridgewater's Jenkins family. It was built for H. Loring Jenkins, Treasurer of the George O. Jenkins Co., manufacturers of leatherboard. In 1896 George O. Jenkins and his brother Hiram purchased the old Hollingsworth papermill at Pratt town. In 1901 George O. Jenkins became the sole owner of the company. Upon his death in 1916 the firm was incorporated with Robert Jenkins of Whitman, President and H. Loring Jenkins, Treasurer. This house was owned by the Jenkins family until at least the late 1940s.