Wing, Phillip H. House
49 Orange St
Single Family Dwelling House
Paper Mill Village, Prattown
Massachusetts Historical Commission Report
This is a simple, side-hall plan, late Italianate cottage.
This cottage was built at some point between 1880 and 1900—it was one of several Pratt town properties owned by Phillip H. Wing, lumber dealer, during the late 19th c. Phillip H. Wing lived in the house on Plymouth St. opposite Whitman St. Pratt town evolved as a village community of paper mill workers' and farmers' houses during the 1870's, although several houses in the area—e.g. on Walnut St., date to the 18th c.