Bridgewater Water Company Pump House
1400 High St
Architecture, Community Planning, Engineering
Massachusetts Historical Commission Report
This is a simple 1 1/2 story, rectangular plan brick work structure which is part of a larger town Water and Sewer Dept. system which provides palatable drinking water and water for fire protection.
Built in 1911, this pumping station bordering the Matfield River at Plymouth St. was originally owned by the Bridgewater Water Co. This privately owned water system supplied Bridgewater and East Bridgewater with water from the late 19th c. until 1925—in that year the Town purchased the water system by a special Act of the Legislature which set up a Board of Water Commissioners to administrate the department.