Berry, Aaron House
170 Center St
Single Family Dwelling House
Massachusetts Historical Commission Report
This is a simple Greek Revival, 1 1/2 story, side hall plan cottage. Particularly noteworthy are its classisized entrance enframements. This house is part of the Center-Aldrich Sts. area's collection of modest mid-late 19th c. cottages.
Built c. 1845, this house's first owner was Aaron Berry. He was a "watchman". His wife worked as a dressmaker. By 1879, Mrs. J. Keith, widow of Dennis Keith, lived here. During the early 1900s a W. Donovan owned this property. This house, along with others in the immediate area were apparently originally owned by employees of the nearby Bridgewater Iron Co. (171 High St.).