Crocker, Walter House
127 Center St
Single Family Dwelling House
Massachusetts Historical Commission Report
This is an L-plan Greek Revival, 1 1/2 story cottage which is a good example of the sensitive application of aluminum siding to a mid 19th c. structure. The individual strips closely approximate original clapboard size and classicized Greek Revival front door enframements have been fashioned from the synthetic material.
This house appears to date to c. 1845 but may incorporate an earlier structure. A structure on this site is indicated on the 1830 map and is labeled S. Perkins. Walter Crocker, tube dealer, was apparently this house's first owner. He is listed as this house's owner in 1852, 1857 and 1879. By the early 1900s a Mrs. T. Clark lived here.