1689 South St
Single Family Dwelling House
Massachusetts Historical Commission Report
This Cape may date to as early as the mid-18th c, and was reworked c. 1840s. It stands at an angle to South Street—its 6-bay main facade features a main entrance with classicized enframements and a steeply pitched off-center gable.
As early as the 1740s Amos Keith was operating a forge in the South Street/Titicut/Sturtevant's Corner area. #1689 South Street may date to the mid-18th century. Further research is needed to determine if the Wilbur family owned this house in the 18th century as well as the early 19th century. By the 1870s, James E. Lee, farmer, lived here. During the early 1900s a Mrs. Packard lived here.