104 South St
Single Family Dwelling House
Bridgewater Town Center
Massachusetts Historical Commission Report
Built c. 1750, 104 South St., is one of the oldest houses in Bridgewater Center. Its original 5 bay x 2 bay main block rises 2 stories from a granite block foundation. Its main entrance was orginally located in the south wall—a 2-story gable roofed ell was added to the south wall at some point prior to the early 1870's. The main entrance is currently located on the west wall and opens on to an Italianate porch with curved brackets.
This venerable house was built "some time before the Revolution"—c. 1750. It belonged to "Saddler Storrs". He had "a narrow little shop in the house where now the end door opens on the street". During most of the 19th century this property belonged to a Dr. Alden. By the early 20th c. an A.M. Fletcher (no occupation listed) lived here.